Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Review: April Luxe Box

Just in the nick of time, I received my April Luxe Box on the last day of the month. You know the drill by now – black packaging, personalized sticker, yadda yadda yadda.


Our first glimpse at the goods!

First up, LB sent this little daffodil pin in honour of their partnership with the Canadian Cancer Society. They made a donation on behalf of the Luxe Box community, which is great, but the pin isn't really my cup of tea. I'll pin it to my bulletin board for a bit of extra colour, I guess.


Hey! It's one of my favourite products ever! Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat is one beauty item I use all the time and recommend to anyone who'll listen long enough. I find it really prolongs the life of my mani and dries my nails to the touch in about a minute. It really is great stuff – I have a full size already, so I'll probably pass this on to a friend to share the gospel. (Note: the little LB card said they's included a full size bottle, but as you can see, a full-sized product this is not.)


Next up, I got this sample of Fekkai Salon Technician Color Care Rapid Results Moisture Mask, which, let's be real, is a mouthful to say. It claims to restore just-coloured silkiness and increase colour longevity, which is always good for gals like me who colour their hair often. Haven't tried this yet, but likely will soon, because "just-coloured silkiness" is just the kind of claim I find difficult to resist.


Lastly, I got these generously sized samples of Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light Shampoo & Conditioner. They claim to offer weightless, silicone-free nourishment for your hair, and that you can "feel the difference with one use". I tried them out this morning, and sure? I guess? My hair feels pretty good today, but I actually took the time to blow dry it, so that could account for the difference. It's definitely not a vast change, but at only $6 a bottle, this probably stand the best chance of being an actual purchase I'd make.

Oh, and Charlie approves.



The only thing left is my First in Line Program pick, which is a pair of underwear from a company called Panty By Post. I really liked that this was included as a First In Line choice, and that we were able to select our size and style (between hipster and thong). I picked hipster and I'm not sure which style I'll be receiving, but it doesn't really matter – based on their photo gallery, they're all pretty cute, and priced at $25-30 for a single pair, it's a really good deal. I should be getting these sometime soon.

And that's it! Overall thoughts? Decent box. I'd probably be disappointed if what I received was all I was getting, but the addition of the underwear really caps it off, and means I'll have a second surprise later this month. I really prefer getting hair products to skincare ones because I have such sensitive skin, so spreads like this are pretty ideal for me. A lot of other reviewers seem to be hitting Luxe Box fatigue, but I still enjoy receiving mine every month. 


If you would like to try Luxe Box for yourself and enjoyed reading my review,
Charlie would love it if you'd use my referral code.


Previous Luxe Box Reviews

3 comments:

  1. I was a bit disappointed with my box because of the pantene. I don't really consider it a luxury brand. I did get a Cargo eye pencil though which I'm excited about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley, I agree. I wish LB was better about constantly delivering higher quality products, but I was happy that it was at least it was a fairly generous sample and decent packaging. I hope your Cargo eye pencil is amazing!

    Briar, I got my Seche Vite at Winners of all places, but I think you can also find it at those higher-end beauty supply type stores, like Sally's Beauty Supply. Should run between $8-12 for a bottle.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts