Friday, March 2, 2012

Things I Feel Very Conflicted About

Diet Coke
It's amazing, right? I grew up drinking Diet Coke, so it tastes so familiar, so comforting compared to regular Coke, in the same way that milk just tastes better than cream. But it's really bad for you. I mean like obesity-inducing, diabetes-causing, heart-attacking bad for you. But it's also amazing, especially the trashy version with lime. CONFLICTED.

Chris Brown's "Look At Me Now"
I know he's like, the embodiment of evil. I even hate that by listening to this song, it's being tracked on Last.FM  and Youtube and somewhere, my listens are being counted as a win for this colossal asshole. His parts aren't even very good. And probably if it hadn't had such great guest verses, I could move on. But shiiit, BUSTA. How does your mouth even MOVE that fast? I'm chalking this up to a case of assholes being good artists sometimes and not letting white feminist guilt get the best of me.

Ghosts
I actually don't feel that conflicted. What I feel is irrational certainty. I hate ghosts. I hate those fuckers so damn much, and I can't protect myself from them, and I hate it. I hate that I don't believe in an afterlife and yet I believe in ghosts. I hate that oxymoron within myself, but I must accept it because it's true and I encounter that part within me at least a couple times every day.

Money
I'm so good at spending it. Too good. I am highly skilled at spending. I wish spending money on great shit could be my job, because I'd be SO GOOD, and I'd get so much great stuff for such low prices that it would be unbelievable. But the problem is I can't do that with other people's money, only my own, so I'll be broke forever. I'll just dry my tears with all my great buys, I guess.

My Evening Routine
I've started trying to do my general appearance and health a solid and a) remove my makeup nightly, b) wash and moisturize my face, and c) floss. It's a long term goal that I have to keep making short term decisions about until it becomes habit, which it feels like will never happen. It feels like I'm going to have to be like, "Ugh, again?" every time I look in the mirror after brushing my teeth and so I feel like giving up then and there. It supposedly takes up to two months of daily repetition to form habits, and I'm already like, 10 days in. Go team happy skin and gums!

Game of Thrones
There's only one thing I feel conflicted about: why is everyone so goddamn young? I saw the HBO series like everyone else, and thankfully, they aged up most of the actors. Because, really? Daenerys Taragaryen is thirteen? I'm really enjoying the first book, but those details really weird me out and make me feel like a creep, especially during my morning commute.


One thing I don't feel conflicted about?
Weekends. Enjoy yours, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Fun fact: I'm in a super remote fishing village in Iceland right now (pop. of less than 400,) staying alone in an old house decorated with baby clothes that happens to be across from the Museum of Icelandic Witchcraft and Sorcery. I'm so fucking worried about when it gets dark that I may end up awake all night on the internet. Stupid quasi-belief in ghosts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT SOUNDS LIKE MY WORST NIGHTMARE. Stock up on sage, girlfriend (but have fun! That sounds so cool!)

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts