Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Eat It: Eggless Carrot Nog

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, guys. I've been holed up at my parents' house the past few days and it's been pretty great. My parents are dogsitting the world's sweetest toy poodle, Mia, and Charlie is just beside himself, trying to get her to play with him. We just watch the action from the sidelines, aka. the couch, while running marathons of House Hunters and drinking eggless nog.
Mia. She weighs maybe 4 lbs, tops.

Eggless nog, you ask? Well, my mom is severely allergic to eggs, so this year I made it my mission to whip up a batch of frothy goodness that she could enjoy too. And boy, was this stuff good.

Creamy, thick and better for you than traditional nog, it tastes like spending the holidays in Hawaii, due to the coconutty flavour it's sporting. It's a pretty orange colour, and as an added bonus it's lactose-free, so my fellow lactards can enjoy copious amounts without feeling hella bloated/smoking out the family. It's pretty sweet, so I'd recommend cutting it with some dark or spiced rum, or do as I've been doing and use it to whiten your coffee – it makes your morning cuppa taste just like pumpkin pie.


Eggless Carrot Nog
Adapted from here
Makes 2 cups

1/3 cup coconut milk (I used cream of coconut, which is slightly creamier)
1/2 cup carrot juice
1 1/4 cups vanilla soy milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

Put all ingredients in a blender or use an immersion blender for at least 2 minutes to whip all ingredients together.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts