Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What's In My Bag?

Every time I see Amanda I bring a camera, hoping that I'll remember to put her on the spot and ask her to spill out the contents of her purse, with a promise that I'll go next. I never remember. I'll still get you, girl, when you least expect it. Here are the insides of my purse, with very little editing (I took out a crumpled receipt and a few pennies, but that's all).




Here's my daily purse. It's from Townshoes, I'm not embarrassed to admit. It can be worn about a million different ways, and it's pretty spacious without really looking it. Working at a fashion magazine and trolling the internet daily for deals has it's bonuses.



This baby deserves its own picture. I graduated from University recently, and I had been considering getting an iPad for ages. I won't say it was a surprise, but it was the most generous gift I've ever received, and I still feel like a lucky little girl. I carry it to and from work mostly to read the New Yorker while I'm in transit.



I'll try to go from the bottom left and clockwise here:

  • Sunglasses from White Crow. These huge, round shades come with me everywhere.
  • A receipt for the only seamstress I've ever gone to. She's up by my parents house and I only get there about once every 3 weeks, but it's worth it. Right now she's got a silk dress that I thrifted and am hoping comes out a tunic dress.
  • Matte FX powder that belongs to my best friend—I borrowed this stuff a few months ago and forgot to return it. Too bad she lives in New York. On top is some Joe Fresh shimmer powder that I got for free from a Joe Fresh gift bag at work.
  • Visine, necessary for anyone who wears contacts or states at a computer screen all day.
  • Lipstick and lipstain in a similarly dark burgundy wine colour. I rarely remember to reapply, so it usually wears off after my first coffee in the morning, or my first beer on the weekends.
  • My keychain, with a memory stick, hello kitty pendant, Swiss Army knife with edelweiss (cute!) and about 10 keys. I'm a trustworthy girl!
  • Current nail polish and a quick dry top coat, just in case I need an on-the-go touch up.
  • Two hair elastics, just in case I need to get my mane of hair off my neck. 
  • My wallet came from Dan's grandfather, who was a photographer. It's made by Leica and smells like really old leather. On it is a Post-it that I found in a Diane Arbus biography that I was reading. It says: "Most people go through life dreaming they'll have a traumic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've passed their test in life. They're aristocrats."
  • Blue pen, I'll never go anywhere without a pen to jot things down.
  • My two favourite rings. They are my babies but I can't wear them and type at the same time. They spend most of their time in my purse, and only come out on special occasions.
  • I hang up my bag when I get home, but somehow my cat always sneaks a little present in there for me. She has a life of her own while I'm asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts