Monday, December 12, 2011

StyleLikeU

I love the internet. I spend a lot of time on the internet. I spend a lot of time reading about things that interest me and things I hate. And then every once in a while I come upon something that makes me so excited I start to vibrate, and I get really thirsty. When I get really thirsty I know I'm on to something.

Here are my latest internet goodies. StyleLikeU is a site that has videos of people talking about style, clothes, family, design, life, and all that good stuff. I find these videos incredibly inspiring in a way that I don't quite understand yet. I think it has to do with the videos' subjects being able to explain their style and talk about their lives in a way that can be captured in a 6 minute video and in a way that makes them seem wise and experienced even though they are just normal boring people. Maybe I need my own video and then I can see how normal the subjects are and fall out of love with the whole process.

They're called Closet Interviews, which make them seem like they'll be about clothes only. But even in talking about clothes, and ergo the ways which they present themselves, something more comes out. It's that something else that I find so intriguing.

Here are a few of my favourites. Sit down with a beer or a latte and watch a few.

Wamhuhu:


Wamuhu Waweru Closet Interview With StyleLikeU from StyleLikeU on Vimeo.

Tat:


Tat Vateishvili Closet Interview With StyleLikeU from StyleLikeU on Vimeo.

The wonderful, always interesting Glenn O'Brien:


Glenn O'Brien Closet Interview With StyleLikeU from StyleLikeU on Vimeo.

There are so many more, and I've only seen a fraction of them, slowly working my way back and taking my time so they'll never be over. Or maybe I'll just watch them all over the holiday. 

2 comments:

  1. The one with Tat Vateishvili got me hooked.

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so effortlessly cool! And when someone is that close to their mom I'm always kind of respect them more!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts