Thursday, November 17, 2011

Life of Late, the Second

Alas, I am busy as a bee today, so I've got a few recommends to tide you over.


Rebecca Coriam: Lost at Sea is the story of how one young woman (and over 171 people like her) have disappeared off cruise ships in the past eleven years. Coriam was a crew member on a Disney ship, and details about her probable death have been obscured by the company, the lack of investigation and the nature of international waters. Food for thought – especially those statistics on the higher instance of sexual assault aboard cruise ships. Thanks to Karen for the tipoff.


via Vanessa Jackman
I've been wearing my hair like these backstage Tory Burch SS 2012 models for the past few days. Perfect for hair that's a day or two dirty – you just use a bit of hairspray and backteasing just near the middle of your head, smooth the strands overtop and tighten your hair elastic at the sides. Easy peasy and perfectly polished. Many more photos available at Vanessa Jackman's ever lovely website.


via Rebecca Like Nails
One of my goals for this weekend is to try this pretty watercolour nail tutorial. I can see it being very lovely with a palette akin to Starry Night or maybe one of these beautiful paintings by Michael Cina. Plus it looks way easier than the marbling technique that I never had enough patience to try.


via Closet Cooking
Speaking of plans for this weekend, I'm about to eat my face off. Tomorrow I have plans to make these mexican baked eggs, and later I'm probably going to indulge in a pot of this french onion soup and this roasted beet salad. It's going to be a magnificent symphony of food.
via Smitten Kitchen

I've had to take a break from knitting as my tendonitis has flared up again, and it couldn't be more poorly timed. It's the holiday season! The time to be making cozy, soft, cushiony, knit-with-love goodies! So, aside from babying my arm in alternating hot and ice baths, I've been planning what's next on my needles. In my dream world, that includes these goodies (all with patterns!)
Gina's Brioche Cowl via The Purl Bee
Marian via Ravelry
Short Row Sweater via The Purl Bee
Crocheted Chunky Circle Scarf via People Webs
Love Socks via Ravelry

Laura and I are going to see Melancholia and I'm megapsyched. Sure, it's going to be depressing, but it's also supposed to be sumptuous and gorgeous. We can soothe our rattled nerves at the Grace Kelly exhibit we're also checking out. Baby's first Lars Von Trier!




I'm about to start an extra long weekend, and I just can't wait for it (tomorrow!).
Have a great weekend guys, and I hope it's filled with lots of the good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts