Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Advice to Sink In Slowly

It's the start of a new month. How we're already through October I'll never know, but I'm making a conscious effort to look at this month as a fresh start. My beloved Google Reader has undergone a major overhaul overnight (taking with it one of my fave online communities). Susan Miller's telling me there are positive changes on the way (ugh, but expensive ones. And let's hope that baby thing doesn't come true either).

I've been feeling in a bit of a slump the past month, but November, man, we're gonna change all that. I'm going to finally get on that waking up thing, and maybe start those routines I was supposed to back in June. With that in mind, advice to sink in slowly seems like a well timed find.


Based in the UK, this project aspires to pass on personal advice and inspiration from graduating students to incoming ones. First years at participating schools are each given a poster, which I think is such a warm and useful welcome. These posters, beautifully illustrated and lovingly conceived, share advice on every aspect of life, from finding inspiration to eating breakfast every morning. It's good advice for all of us, not just students, and luckily, they're available to order at very reasonable rates.

A few of my favouites:

by Liz May

by Nigel Peake

by Thomas Austin

by David Gibson

by Oliver Sutherland

by David Plant

by Gemma Correll

by Owen Davey

Here's hoping you (and I!) find some inspiration today.

1 comment:

  1. i, too, sort of let october get out of hand - oversleeping, memory like a sieve, unorganized tasks lists. i like the idea of a fresh start. and "if in doubt, make tea". perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts