Friday, November 4, 2011

Winter Layers

StyleCaster

How many days a week do you look in your closet and say to yourself (or to your boyfriend, or cat, or pillow) "I've got nothing to wear." Every day? Yeah, me too. And for someone who spends so much time and energy carefully cultivating their wardrobe, this is really discouraging. It seems like every day is another lackluster outfit, and by noon I wish I could go home and change.

I look at sites like Man Repeller, who is over the top with her layering, I know, (and coming to Holts on Bloor in Toronto next week!) but I am inspired to mix a little bit of print, wear a bunch of bracelets at once, or y'know, just do something other than a skirt and a sweater, or jeans and a top.

Because I love taking advice from fashion blogs (I'm an intern, what do you think I do all day!), here are a list of sites that I have been taking mental notes from. If you're as backwards as me when it comes to getting dressed in the morning, maybe these little tutorials can help you out too.

Refinery 29: 5 Layering Tricks You've Never Tried

StyleCaster: 5 Ways to Style Your Sweaters for Fall





JAK & JIL BLOG


Really, I just want to look like Catherine Baba.

2 comments:

  1. on a maybe not so related note: any tips for large-boobed gals whose figures ain't flattered by cable knit/ chunky sweaters????

    i mean, layers of thin things, sure, but whattabout in the sweater dept? any reccomendations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only recommendation is don't try to hide 'em, it'll just make your whole upper body look bigger. Or, if that's inevitable, at least wear awesome boots/lipstick (coz you look so good with that dark colour on your lips!) to make it look a little more put together. ...BOOBS!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts