Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Rays

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon, and the sun was pouring in my living room, and I thought I'd show you some newish things while getting my fill of vitamin D.


I've been pairing plain triangle studs and this ear cuff for the past two months and it's pretty much my ideal earwear. Just the slightest nod to the nineties and a bit of gold is all I need. I ordered both off Ebay, but got the idea from the ever wonderful Ivania of Love Aesthetics.


I found this necklace at Urban Outfitters when I popped in just to kill some time last week. I can't stand how high their prices are normally, but their sale racks have some great finds. My wardrobe has been lacking a long gold necklace, and this one fits the bill – plus at $5, I really couldn't say no. I especially love the little chainmail part and the long fringe.


These leopard print pants were another Urban Outfitters find. They're BDG Cigarette fit, I think, but I bought them a size up so they're just a bit slouchy. They don't have nearly as much stretch as the regular BDG jeans have (I think these are twill?), but I prefer it – they last a few wears longer before saggy butt takes over. The small scale leopard print and $20 price tag have made these my favourite new neutrals.


The sweater was a recent find from Winners. I don't really have one on my route so I don't stop in that often, but this slouchy sheer knit was just calling my name. IT KNEW we were meant to be together, so who am I to stop fate? I especially love that it's just a plain knit – garter stitch up top, and reverse stockinette with some eyelet rows on the bottom. I might try to replicate this one, as I have a feeling it'll be in major rotation come springtime.


And this? This little guy is my new best friend. I've spent the last few months designing my first jewellery collection, and this is one of the latest pieces I've been working on. That's a chunk of peach moonstone and some little wooden beads, paired with some vintage chains. What do you think? I promise, you'll be the first to know when I get to opening my Etsy shop.




That killer bedhead? All natural, baby – thanks, late Sunday sleep ins.

3 comments:

  1. Love the gold ear cuff and those leopard pants! I recently acquired leopard jeans too and I'm having so much fun with them

    Best,
    Casey
    Girl in the Poodle Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bracelet! Can't wait to see more like it!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts