Friday, February 10, 2012

The New Inquiry

TNI has been killing it lately, with the addition of a new team of bloggers that clog up my Google Reader and make it harder for me to read about NYFW recaps. They're putting out such interesting, thought-provoking articles that I haven't looked at pictures of cats in days! (Just kidding.) My favourite of the bloggers is Autumn Whitefield-Madrano, who writes the TNI blog called The Beheld, which "examines the concepts of beauty and personal appearance." I think this girl and I may be kindred spirits. She has also worked as a fashion copyeditor (my specialty of choice) and is interested in the feminine appearance, its history, its theories, and how it can be exploited—all in a way that draws you in and keeps you hooked. And this is coming from a girl who couldn't get 20 pages in to The Beauty Myth. Also, I don't think it's a coincidence that I was listening to this song when I stumbled upon her writing.





So seriously, do yourselves a favour and check out The Beheld.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts