Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Neutrals

There have been a few additions to my daily routine that have just given me a smidgen more pretty every day.


West Elm carries air plants now! I stop in this store so rarely, so it was pure dumb luck that I popped in to kill some time and saw this little beauty just waiting for me to take him home. I've been wanting one of these since they started cropping up everywhere online, and now, this bit of soilless freedom greets me every time I brush my teeth. Fingers crossed he lasts more than a week.


This vase was on clearance at Indigo, and I couldn't resist. A creamy matte porcelain in a knit stitch? How could I have been expected to? Now my knitting needles have a fitting place to hang out when not in a project.


This week's fancy-lady manicure, and it's about as demure as I get. I just sponged the tip on, so it's not very precise. The nude creme is Unclear from the FACE Stockholm X J.Crew collaboration (thanks Stevie!), and the rosy sparkle is First Class from a massive Quo X Orly holiday gift pack (thanks Steph!).


I took the plunge and finally upgraded to an iPhone 4S. And when I was picking out a case, I decided to get something I like looking at everyday, so I ordered this one from Society6. You can choose any of their artwork to be case-ified (mine is from design house RoAndCo, and was used as a textile in Arnsdorf's SS 2011 collection), or you can order them directly through manufacturer Case-Mate and print your own design. I'm in good company too!


My ballet slippers and new tights from Joe Fresh. The slippers still look new, but I promise! I've been going faithfully! I'm in total love with these Joe tights – they are the perfect balance between sheer and opaque and are almost too long, a rarity for my limbs.


These showed up as I was writing this, so I had to include them. These are my first LL Bean Signature purchases and they are AWESOME – thick leather, padded cushion at the heel, ladylike toe shape. These stretchy topped shoes look so weird off-foot, but for wear, I GET them – they hug, so you get no blister-causing slippage. Plus, spending more than $50 on flats means I'm totally an adult now, right? These come in lots of colours and finishes, m'dears, so browse away.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love air plants but I haven't seen them in person myself. I hope it lasts a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lesley! ME TOO – I can't handle the guilt I feel when another plant bites the dust.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts