Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thrifting in Detroit

As you already know, I LOVE my Michigan shopping, especially when you can spend the afternoon in a handful of second-hand shops and flea markets and emerge with everything your heart desired for under $10. EXCEPT, one thing I had to leave behind was a piece that I know I've seen before but I barely have words to describe. Anyone who can help me with this gets 5 points. Picture like a balaclava but with the whole face uncovered, and a circle of faux fur around the top. I tried looking it up online but I'm having no luck, especially because I'm searching for a fashion balaclava with fur. Any recommendations? The closest thing I can find is this, but it was nicer, I swear.

via the loveship

On to my real finds, I got some great printed pants, and an anorak/rain jacket very similar to the one that I gave away last year.

These are so so soft, highwaisted, and less shapeless when I'm wearing them.



These are just like DUNGAREES! Workin' pants, you know? 

A little baggier, these pants have the most gorgeous print. 

Here's the print. 

I feel like I'd buy anything Misty Harbor. I love the plaid on the inside. 


And I also scored this beauty from Target, after falling in love with it online.

Also comes with a belt so it doesn't just look like a chic pillowcase. 

You know what else I got? This:


First time somoa eater here! They were caramelly and coconutty and delicious. They were everything.

And this:


Which is wonderful and never loses its flavour. All together it was a very successful trip south of the border.

2 comments:

Penny for your thoughts