Tuesday, July 12, 2011

More natural beauty advice

I am a sucker for any beauty advice I read about online, especially for products that you can make yourself and are not full of chemicals. I generally believe that the fewer ingredients beauty products have (and not just beauty products, food too!) the better. I briefly went the whole no shampoo route (I couldn't keep it up, though I was skeptical and didn't give it much of a chance), and I still use my homemade blush and diluted apple-cider vinegar as facial toner. I like knowing that the stuff I slather on my face is not going to do me any harm. I get lots of this advice from a great blog called the Velvet Bird. Vanessa is adorable (and makes me want to get married and have goats and lots of tattoos) and always shares great, natural products that are fun to make and share, and won't break the bank.


homemade blush by velvetbird



Enter my new facial-cleansing system:



You can read here about how it actually works, but basically using good oil combats all the bad built-up oil from the day on your face. I have some pretty serious combination skin, oily in the T-zone and dry everywhere else, and lots of those super cleansers just dry out my skin. Using oil won't make you into a grease-ball, it will make your skin soft and luminous. At least that's what I'm hoping. Hurrah! Clear skin for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts