Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bill Cunningham New York, Chanel Polish, Asparagus Salad

A couple things that I've wanted to share with you lately...

1. Amanda told me about this movie months ago and I've only now gotten around to watching the trailer. This is a MUST SEE and legitimizes all of my interests and fantasies. Don't you just want to give this man a hug? Let's all watch this and drink cocktails and wear pretty clothes.



2. I recently splurged on Chanel nail polish (serious, crazy splurge) after watching this video on fashionmagazine.com (shoutout! Sorry, I can't help it. It's just my life lately.) Let. Me. Tell. You. This polish is about 3x the price of any other that I've ever bought, and it's about 10x better in quality. It is super thin and goes on really smooth. I swear, it doesn't even chip like normal polish. I feel like I just found out this wonderful secret, that sometimes you seriously get what you pay for... and if you buy less polish then you can spend more on what you get. (Can you tell I'm trying to make myself feel better?)

3. After pouring over the latest Kinfolk magazine, I made an asparagus salad with pine nuts and Parmesan for a potluck last night. I couldn't help myself after watching the sweet video. I am a sucker for these things. It helps that it's cheap and totally light and delicious.

4. I've only watched one of their videos so far, but watch the tutorial below and try to convince me that you don't want to be a kooky fashion lady when you are older.


3 comments:

  1. A.DOR.ABLE. Love those Elvis leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chanel makes the best black nail polish I've ever seen. It's so deep and rich...and after just one coat! I remember testing a ton of drugstore blacks before I decided to just screw it and buy Chanel. Totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. The colour is rich but it goes it so thin that it's hard to chip!Deborah Lippmann is another good one.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts