Thursday, September 29, 2011

Detroit Thrift Finds

As promised, here are some pics of the gems I picked up in the D this past weekend. You've got to go! But I won't go so far as to tell you where to go... I'm pretty protective of my secret shopping centres. You could also just ask me in person.

I can't resist a lacy top. I already have like 4, but this one was from the Queens section. (Queens=plus size.) I had to have it.

This boxy top buttons all the way up the back! And isn't black! (I own too much black.)

This is a silky shirt dress that I'm gonna shorten, and it's gonna look less like a nightgown than it does in this pic.  (Hi Penny!)

Awesome for the summertime.

No, that's not dandruff, it's tiny little gold beads that were painstakingly sewn onto this soft lambswool sweater.
Wool winter coat, with a hood! 

And the piece de resistance, these faux suede wedges from Target—obviously not thrifted. They have a peep toe and like a 4-inch wedge, and I haven't yet mastered walking in them but I soon will.

Two awesome fashion-related links: 
  • My new favourite tumblr, runway shows of the 1990s
  • My friend Dan has been making some awesome Toronto street style videos, and one of them features (quickly, natch) Amanda's main squeeze! Check 'em out



1 comment:

  1. NICE FINDS, GIRL!
    Drinking Starbucks no less! (He's the charming gent at 0:30, for those interested.)

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts