Friday, September 9, 2011

Rachel Comey Gets Bumby'd

Like most others, if you've heard of Rachel Comey before, it's because of her fabulously popular footwear. (If not, you can peep them here!) I've been a fan for a few seasons now, and her SS12 show at NYFW yesterday really blew me away. However, I've written about a runway show once before, and I'd like to give those who are not-so-fashion-minded a bit more to go on.

An anonymous performance-art duo, called The Bumbys, were asked by the Cut to craft responses to some of the upcoming shows, and their response to Comey's spectacular show is pretty spectacular in itself.

the Cut

Somewhere between coloured water, easels on Manhattan rooftops, and gin and tonics, I fell in love. It's short and sweet, it's fun, and mostly importantly, it's different. I have no idea whether their information is true or completely made up, but it excites my imagination, and stands out in the multitudes of runway-show reviews that I've been reading lately. You can read more about them here.

I'll update the blog with the rest of the reviews written by The Bumbys as they surface.

Also, if you are so inclined, check out some of my other faves so far: Vena Cava, Sachin + Babi, and Steven Alan, and from Montreal Fashion Week, Barila (whose photos are not yet up).

UPDATE:

the Cut

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts