Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Roll down your windows

Even though it's been cold lately, I've been wearing shorts for days. I kind of look like a fool. But I love shorts! Shorts are what inspired me to make this Polyvore set of outfits that I want to wear this summer. I would wear any of these outfits right now, with a great pair of black stockings.

summer

Shorts are the perfect piece of clothing for the summer because they are so versatile. They are great for bike riding and sitting cross-legged on a patch of grass. You can dress them up or down, and there are styles to flatter everyone!

I felt this way last summer as soon as soon as it started getting warmer again. I busted out my high-waisted super-short denim shorts, and went for a bike ride down Christie. I was stopped at a red light and I could see a man staring at my legs from the driver's seat of the SUV waiting beside me. It was dusk; the windows in the car were down, the driver and his girlfriend were enjoying the warm spring air. The street lights were on, and the headlights of the SUV were shining brightly on the surface of my exposed leg. "Oh my god, honey, look at that girl's legs," I heard him say to her. "They are so pale." I looked over at him slowly, and we made eye contact. "I can hear you," I said to him, with a straight face, and his mouth hung open. "I'm... uhh. Sorry. But it's true!" he said as the light turned green, and he sped away and out of my life.

If I had had more time to talk to this man, this poor man who doesn't understand the appeal of a nice, white, freckled leg, I would have tried to explain to him the small difference between him and I. Wearing shorts in the city is just like driving with your windows down. You may be exposing a bit more than you are used to, but that doesn't mean it's bad.



I am also so happy with this fuchsia lipstick that wonderful Amanda gave me. It's just perfect for the summer. It makes me feel like my lips have been dyed by a pink popsicle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts