Monday, March 28, 2011

They came from the junkyard...


I just had to share this sweet video with you. I've watched it a couple times now, and I know it's cheesy but it's very dreamy and beautiful as well. Plus it's got an awesome soundtrack. Eddie O'Keefe, who's in grad school in LA is a CHILD (well, he's 22) and that makes me feel like I need to do more with my life, and fast.


The GHOSTS from Eddie O'KEEFE on Vimeo.

There's a great write-up about the film here which will tell you a bit more about its influences. I've been totally inspired to download some girl garage music and watch some black and white motorcycle movies... and date the leader of a gang who will give me his leather jacket.

O'Keefe also made a great mix of songs which inspired the film. You can download it HERE.

ENJOY! and do let me know what you think

1 comment:

  1. Near the end of the film, I realized that I was being reminded of "Twilight". Ghosts, werewolves, vampires- all cool dudes if you ask me, yeah?

    My only disappointment with "The Ghosts" is the loss of cool points I incur as a consequence of Best Coast already being on the soundtrack (inasmuch as it precludes me from making a fresh and original invocation of their lo-fi surfgaze sound). But damn well check them out if you're in the mood for girl garage music because it's some of the best around. When I first heard it (over some tea), I thought it was Courtney Love before she got drunk and on drugs.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts