Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wonder Lust

I am struck with the deepest pangs of book envy.



Sweetie Pie Press posted some images of the new Marian Bantjes book, and I think I have to have it. It might be one of those purchases that doesn't make the most sense to the bottom line of my bank account, but it'll provide some sweet soul food for my imagination.


 

Her illustrations are so intricate, so colourful, so clever, like the most detailed wrapping paper you've ever seen. The fact that these illustrate musings on wonder, memory, honour and their connection to the visual world makes it that much more appealing. The subject and style are intertwined quite literally.


 


And I may be a magpie, but it's a fact I'm comfortable with.

 via

1 comment:

  1. It looks like those really old scribed books that are illustrated... I took a book and media studies class and I should remember the term... but I don't.
    Anyways, BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts