Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Slow Ride

It already feels like it's been a jam-packed week and it's only Tuesday.

This, plus my upcoming over-scheduled few days, would normally fill me with a sense of mounting dread. I'm someone who really appreciates a fair amount of alone time. And even when they're good plans, fun plans, plans featuring friends and hangouts and killer movies and chill times, I prefer under-scheduled to over.

But I'm not! Stressed about my overflowing iCal, that is. My work is busy and my days are filled and this is a good good thing except for that ever-growing to-do list. I guess we can't always win?

Keeping that in mind, here is a little ditty from the indomitable Wanda Jackson. She's a mega babe, is considered the Queen of Rockabilly, and sounds like a troll dipped in honey. AND she used to bang Elvis. I'm going to share with you a big single of hers, 'Funnel of Love'.

BUT WAIT. The difference is this: it's played at 33rpm instead of the usual 45. It's haunting and psychedelic and molassesy and feels just like the undertow she's singing about.



Just a reminder to myself to slow it down sometimes, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts