Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Drowning

For my last class at university ever ever ever (!!!!!!!) my only option was to take a class on the history of critical and literary theory. I thought I'd be okay, but this is not cool. 



This is a far cry from the novels that I am used to reading and analyzing. This is an anthology that weighs as much as my laptop. I've never read Plato, Kant, or Du Bois, and I always kinda liked that about myself. This is all changing now. For my last class, I will truly be learning. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Theory classes were always my faves! The readings suck, but the discussions can be mindblowing. Fingers crossed you'll be covering Lacan and Derrida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh woman, LACAN IS TOUGH. Also, do you mean, W.E.B No White God DuBois? But I second the theory class fave, I just finished feminist theories and you will probably walk out feeling enlightened (but also slightly burdened)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do feel super enlightened! It's very difficult, but I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts