Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Soundtrack of Summer

If you call Toronto home, chances are you're planning on being outside today as much as possible. It's supposed to get up to 31 degrees Celsius (and feel like 41!), so it’s time to roll out on the park grass like cats in the sunshine, y’all.

And, if I can make a slight recommendation, break out the Death Proof soundtrack*. I was listening to it on my walk in today, and I realized it’s my favourite album ever. YES, a soundtrack is my favourite and the best. I was actually fantasizing about walking around with a huge boombox perched on my shoulder so everyone else could also have the perfect soundtrack to their morning, but then I remembered those people are assholes.

Don’t believe me? Download it here and listen for yourself. Here’s a taste: Hold Tight by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich. JUST TRY to resist a band name that rad.


So break out the sunscreen, crank up the tunes, and get ready—summer’s only just begun, dolls.

*With some tweaks! Do as I do and remove the following tracks: Paranoia Prima, Planning & Scheming, Stuntman Mike, Sally and Jack, and Whatever–However. Tarantino has an awful habit of sticking in bits of dialogue and atmospheric music that wreck the vibe of the whole album. I could've removed them for you, but I'm an album completionist and prefer to just untick the box in iTunes. Just do it and thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts