Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Morning Cuppa

I make no apologies for my coffee addiction. Every now and then, I'll try to deny the death grip that little caffeine compound has over me and make a switch, even just to black tea. I usually end up seriously regretting it by about 11am, right about the time my inner addict realizes she isn't getting her morning fix. It doesn't take long for me to cave. I've accepted my lot.

Having a KeepCup might be a nice addition to my morning routine. This pretty little mug is not only barista standard, meaning it can fit under any espresso maker, but is fully customizable in colour scheme. It comes in three sizes for now (8oz, 12oz, 16oz), and the price seems very reasonable (a medium cup comes to just under $20 including shipping to Canada). For colour-craving (and eco-conscious) creatures such as myself, this is Very Good News indeed. Even just playing around on the Cup Designer is fun.

My preferred colour combo

Perennial favourite of the Burgundy Girls and coffee lover extraordinaire David Lynch has put out a line of coffees, called David Lynch Signature Cup Organic Coffee. They're probably pretty good as Lynch sure loves his java, but the best part of it is his recently released commercial, a 4-minute long conversation with a Barbie doll. It's infinitely weirder than you'd ever imagine it could be.




I'm really not a morning person, and maybe that's part of where my strong yearning for coffee comes from—I need something warm and friendly first thing to lure me out of the comfort of my bed cocoon. I think mornings might be easier on me (and easier on my wallet) if I didn't have to make a stop at Starbucks to get my fix, if I could simply wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee. Enter the programmable coffee maker, my one true desire of late (and, fingers crossed, a soon-to-be birthday present from ma and pa).

No model preference for me, but this one's from Oster


Imagine waking up to coffee already made! Living the dream! That, plus a Wake 'n Bacon alarm clock or this Egg and Muffin toaster, and my life would be complete. Actually, if I could request that someone out there invent a way to fully automate my morning routine so robots just washed, fed and clothed me, that would be great, kthxworld.

Back to Basics Egg and Muffin Toaster, only $60 (via Amazon)

1 comment:

  1. That video of Lynch's is so weird but I can't help but love it! His voice is so soothing.....

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts