Thursday, June 2, 2011

A few of my favourite things: Summerland

I thought I'd start sharing some of my favourite online shopping destinations. It's something that eats up a lot of my web-browsing time and I love shops that have well-curated, thoughtful collections. These are the places that inspire my love of fashion in tangible ways, and I'd like to acknowledge them for making me want to give them all my money (that's no easy task for a miser like me).

Sweet Nothings Necklace by In God We Trust

I'll start with Summerland. Boasting a dedicated coterie of followers, this Portland-based online boutique stocks vintage treasures, thoughtful designer labels and handmade beauties. You'll find Karen Walker sunnies mingling with Dear Creatures dresses, layered with In God We Trust charms (how great is that Sweet Nothings necklace?).

I'm so in love with this amethyst ring by Stone & Honey

You'll also find loose dresses and summer staples by Dace and t.b.a., a cedar and rose scented hair tonic by perfumerie Olo, and a special line of totes by Toronto-based hero Fieldguided.

Wild Heart Tote from Summerland

Best of all, the taste is to die for. Summerland's recent collaboration with fellow Portland-native Clever Nettle resulted in a dreamy lookbook of ballet-inspired numbers. These, understandably, have spread like wildfire across the web—the palette is right on pointe (ha!) with S/S11 trends, and the styling is impeccable. You can see all of the lookbook images here.





 Visit Summerland today! I'm sure you, like me, will want to just pass them your paycheque.

1 comment:

  1. i want all of those things. especially that ring. AND THOSE TINY BODIES. jk? (see my comment on your post 'the weight'). burgundy girls catchup day! i should be outside.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts