Wednesday, June 15, 2011

For Your Pennies' Consideration

I love feeling inspired by the work I see my friends doing. I feel surge of pride when I read their names printed magazines they've contributed to or come up in the credits after TV shows or films they've worked long hours on. There's really nothing like it, and it makes me want to help out in any way I can. Luckily, having this little corner of the internet makes it easier to feature our friends' creations.

A generally awesome guy I know, Evan DeRushie, is trying to fund his stop-motion animated short film, The Fox and the Chickadee. It looks like a pretty sweet concept from the promo video he's created, and I've loved Evan's earlier work, including this cool little music video he directed for The Jessica Stuart Few. I'd say he animated the whole thing too, but he got more than 80 people to draw each frame, giving it this vibrant, energetic look. Check it out:



The Fox and the Chickadee is already partially funded by the National Film Board of Canada and has a crew of animators on board to make it move, but he's trying to raise the money to craft the beautifully detailed sets and puppets. There are lots of cool extras up for grabs when you donate, so you get something more than pure warm and fuzzies out of the deal (I signed up for a DVD of the finished product, complete with making-of features).


I know in the past, I've loved contributing to independents I haven't known working on new and exciting projects. I just wanted to share this one with you because a) I think it'll be totally awesome, b) I selfishly like my pride to feel justified, and c) I'd like to help Evan out (I am stealing his roommate – it's the least I can do).

For more details, please check out his IndieGoGo page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts