Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mixtape: FM Radio

There's big stuff going down on the homefront, but first, a mixtape for you.


My mixtape form a few weeks ago, Sunny Bike Ride, was called "the best hits of AM radio" by my boyfriend. Yes, I guess my taste tends to skew a little vintage. So I decided to do a followup mixtape, inspired by some of my favourite hits from FM radio.

I had to cut so many songs to get this little set, because I just wanted to include everything from the past 15 years. My goal was a mix of songs that you already know all the lyrics to, and are just rarin' for radio singalongs. It harkens back to the glory years of pop and hip hop, the late 90s/early 00s. Even when I'm trying to be modern I'm not, I guess.



1. I Want You Back – Michael Jackson
2. Crazy – Gnarls Barkley
3. Lovefool – The Cardigans
4. Cry Me A River – Justin Timberlake
5. Wannabe – Spice Girls
6. Toxic – Britney Spears
7. Last Nite – The Strokes
8. Young Folks – Peter Bjorn and John
9. No Scrubs – TLC
10. Hypnotize – Notorious B.I.G.
11. 99 Problems – Jay-Z
12. Touch The Sky – Kanye West

So download it and pump it on your Canada Day, your Pride weekend, your Fourth of July celebrations! I hope you like it as much as I do.

Because tomorrow is a holiday and Laura is moving out of Casa Burgundy, you won't be hearing from us again until Monday. The fact that we won't be sharing our router and rooftop any longer won't mean anything but good things though, since now we'll actually have time to be making more stuff (especially in Laura's case—she's just finished her last exam ever!). I'm sad to say goodbye to the best roommate I've ever had, but I'm also really excited for what comes next, for both of us.

Fingers crossed for an easy move, congratulations on finishing your degree Laura, and cheers to everyone—let's have the best first long weekend of summer yet!

Just before we moved in together!

1 comment:

  1. Love the mixtape! So many great hits!


    Camila Faria

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts