Friday, June 17, 2011

Mixtape: Sunny Bike Ride


It's an all new music mix, fresh off the presses for you cool cats and kittens.

My idea when making this one was that feeling you've got on a warm sunny bike ride, a car ride to the beach or walking to meet your friends in the park. A general sense of good weather, sunshine and anticipation, if you will. And damned if this isn't one of my favourite mixtapes ever assembled, a collection of some of the best songs my ears have ever laid lobe too. Perennial faves, standouts that remind me of a specific era (70s Music Explosion, hollah!), and a couple that routinely make my heart leap (Born to Run, I'm looking at you).

1. Let It Out (Let It All Hang Out) – The Hombres
2. Oogum Boogum – Brenton Wood
3. Two of Us – The Beatles
4. Brand New Key – Melanie
5. Born to Run – Bruce Springsteen
6. Carey – Joni Mitchell
7. Summer Breeze – Seals & Croft
8. My Baby and Me – The Kodaks
9. Jack the Ripper – Link Wray
10. How's Your New Love Treating You – Debonaires
11. Sweet Thing – Van Morrison
12. Frankie & Johnnie – Les Paul & Mary Ford
13. Look at Your Game Girl – Charles Manson

Download it, upload it to your music device of choice (let's be real, your iPod), and take it out on some sunshine adventures, why dontcha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts