Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cool Your Jets

This week, there's a chill that's edged into the air and I'm digging it. My bike rides into work are cooler, my guy's back in his blazers, and I'm slipping on jeans instead of shorts for my morning walks with Charlie. I'm looking forward to pulling on tights again, sweaters again and even one day soon, coats again (but not too soon).

I'll be heading to Disney World in 22 days (yes, I have a countdown clock on my dashboard) and it's only August 23, so I know there'll be a few more days of warm weather, but for now, in our hot little apartment, it's feeling quite refreshing.

And the colours of fall are so refreshing! I'm looking forwards to rusts and mustards and forest greens, hues that have felt out of place for months. I'm looking forward to woolly felts and soft plaids, cozy knits and solid boots. I'm looking forward to letting my hair hang loose, warming my neck and falling across my shoulders. I'm looking forward to considering my clothes in a way summer doesn't ask you to.

via
Right now, I'm thinking of fall transitions, how to get some of the pieces I love wearing right now working into the next two months. And here are some of the ideas inspiring me.

via


What are you feeling inspired by this fall?
See more of what's inspiring me at Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts