Friday, August 12, 2011

Topshop's New(ish) Foray

Well, ladies, Topshop is finally here. I know that technically it's been here for about a year, at Ossington's Jonathan + Olivia, but for some reason I was always underwhelmed by their selection and layout. After all the big hype from the night before, I decided to check out the new Topshop section at The Bay yesterday, and much to my surprise, I was not disappointed.



 a few iPhone snaps
Though it's nothing like true Topshop stores, there was actually quite a bit to pick through, even after Wednesday night's opening. The shoes were very cute, and several leather bags caught my eye, though they were all too small for my day-to-day needs. There were very few people looking around except for me and 4 Japanese girls armed with expensive looking cameras, taking pictures of each other holding up different tops or dresses. The staff seemed stressed out, though, perhaps in the aftermath of the fashionista brand swarming. The worst part is that the long, gauzy, perfect-mustard-coloured skirt wasn't left in size 10, and that now I'm totally SOL.

Topshop is already in 37 countries world wide and over the next 5 years will likely have stand-alone stores. With J. Crew landing soon, all we'll need are ASOS and Uniqlo, and outrageous duty fees will no longer be an issue. 

What are other stores that you would love to see in Toronto?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts