Wednesday, August 24, 2011

From One Cat to Another: Givenchy Fall 2011 RTW

For sure you've all seen this line already on your Google Reader, but I think that Givenchy's 2011 fall deserves a bit more in-depth attention. I will admit that the panthers and the pansies are what caught my attention right away, and made me pretty obsessed with the show. But looking further into the line, and watching this video especially, the details emerge in an unexpected way.

I love the videos from style.com, in which the collections are always introduced by the lovely and bitchy Tim Blanks, and celebrities and fashion insiders talk about their impressions on what they saw on the catwalk.


"There is this hard/soft, push/pull, repulsion/attraction. There's always a duality and that's his big thing. It's never one way." Inez van Lamsweerde, half of famous photographer duo.

Here are some of my favourite detailed shots from the collection. I love the sheer balanced with the dark, thick collars, and in the second picture the sheer drop skirt, which I am desperately trying to recreate in my own wardrobe. The beauty in the almost-Baroque detail in the last pic is impossible to deny. This collection impresses the me who loves to breakdown an outfit and think and write about it critically, but it also impresses the 10-year-old me who love cats and flowers. In a very smart move, Riccardo Tisci's collection can appeal to the fashion conscious and those just chase aesthetic pleasure. Following in the large footsteps of McQueen and Galliano, who also had their hand at designing for the famous design house, Tisci is really making a name for himself, ensuring that we'll all see a lot of his work in the future.



via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts