Thursday, August 25, 2011

Event: Fancy Sunday Nails

I wanted to share with you some coolness that is happening in the city on Sunday, August the 28th, which somehow is like 4 days from now. Where does the time go?

At Miracle Thieves, just across from Bellwoods on Dundas, local artists Mahban Ryude and Michelle Lafade will be painting nails like crazy. When I say like crazy I mean that your nails will be crazy in a way that Amanda would die for.



all pics from Mahban's tumblr
On her blog, Mahban explains that "Every set of nails posted on this blog is done by [herself]." "I'm the one who appears the most," she writes. "I've been documenting them for almost a year now. So there are a lot of them."

I learned from the facebook invite that anything you get done is $20, which is totally worth it for the experience of hanging out with these awesome girls while getting bold colours and patterns on your tiny little moving canvases. This is more than a manicure, friends, this is art.

Call ahead and book some time (find their numbers on the facebook page), or you can do a walk in, but I wouldn't chance it. These ladies will be working from 1–5.

1 comment:

  1. I AM SO SAD I CAN'T GO TO THIS. GO FOR ME, FRIENDS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts