Monday, August 15, 2011

Of Film Fests and Funny Folk

My favourite guy, Daniel Warth, got into his first film festival.

I KNOW, right? Very exciting and totally deserved. His film, It Won't Be Long, is part of the National Screen Institute's Short Film Festival. Best of all, it's a digital festival, so it's available to watch anywhere in the world.

It Won't Be Long is about a shy man who falls for his barber. It only clocks in at just under 10 minutes, but it feels like the kind of romantic-comedy sorely lacking in mainstream film these days—understated, bittersweet, with genuinely likable characters. AND it stars the very first film debut of my hands! (Yes, those ARE my paws squirting shampoo. Sorry to ruin the illusion for you).

So pretend you're eating popcorn, and I hope you enjoy!



In addition to that, Daniel is trying to find funding for his next film, a romantic-comedy about burglars called, for now, Petty Thieves. Along with one of the cowriters, Aaron Feldman (it's also being written with Madeleine Cohen), they've made this very funny little video to ask for donations. I stifled my laughter really awkwardly watching this at work, so if you like laughter and have a spare four minutes, you should definitely give it a watch.



Please spread the word, and help support these very funny and talented people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts