Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Past Few Days

Get set for a life update, guys!

I had a ton of fun at the Ex. I had the good fortune to go with two gals who, like me, just wanted to try everything in the food building, so our day was a marathon of food punctuated by leisurely activities. We saw the Superdogs and left with huge smiles on our faces. We tried Deep Fried Cola, and you should too—it tastes like gingery funnel cake. We looked at all the weird, purebred cats (and their even stranger owners).

The biggest score of the day came from the discount makeup section, where I stocked up on purple and gold nailpolishes and this awesome sheer red Sally Hanson lip balm. I like how they didn't skimp on the packaging – it's not just gold, it's holographic gold! You can also see my blinging new fave nailpolish in this pic too, a colour called Golden Nugget.


Tonight, I'm totally going to turn my nails into gold leopard print while I watch the latest True Blood and then go to bed at 9pm. I'm really stoked about it.

Yesterday my dog Charlie came with me to the office. I haven't really updated you guys on how it's been going because I've been too busy going. I really lucked out—he's super bonded with me and my guy already, and he's a perfect little gentleman. He just loves affection and being near his favourite people, and he's very low maintenance. I love our little morning walks together before the busy street near us starts waking up (when I'm not too exhausted from being sick! It's made getting out of bed really difficult the past few days). Here's a pic my friend Sandy took of us dancing together yesterday.

via

Training him has been going well so far—his desire to please people is really strong, so he's taken to the leash really well. We're going to have to work on his confidence though, as he doesn't seem all that interested in playing with other dogs yet, and he suffers from a little separation anxiety when he's been alone for a while. My boyfriend works from home, so Charlie's used to having company all day.


He's such an old soul, and we've also figured out he's probably a Capricorn (just like Laura!). I also like to try and guess what kind of dog breeds he is a mixture of. Miniature Schnauzer for sure, and probably some other kind of terrier too, but he has a very soft coat. I've thought Westie maybe, and another dog owner suggested Wheaten terrier but they're double the size of this 20lb boy. Any thoughts, guys?

My other favourite thing the past few days has been Sudafed Sinus Advance. Have you tried this stuff? Oh man, it's wonderful. It's ibuprofen (Advil) mixed with some sinus-clearing magic. It has totally helped ease the pressure in my face and my body aches like no other. I know this is a bad time of the year for allergies and summer colds, so if you get them often like I do, you might want to pick some of this stuff up*.

via
Also, I've been attached by the nostril to my neti pot lately. It's so gross, but so satisfying. I love watching my sickness spiral down the drain. Just make sure you have lots of Kleenex on hand afterward.

I hope all is well on your end of the computer, friend!



*They didn't pay me to say this or anything. I just want you guys to have fun days at The Ex while suffering from sinus infections too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts